22 Kasım 2010 Pazartesi

Soulmate

I just read a saying:

“A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave. A soul mate’s purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, and make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life.” ~Elizabeth Gilbert




This made me think a lot.. I couldn't decide first. Was this the fact and the ugly truth of "soulmates"? ... What about the fairy tales that were telling us the stories of soul mates for years and years? Were they all lies?!?! Come on.. Don't make me this.. This is even worse than learning that Santa Claus is not real :)

Starting from the early ages, we all grow up believing that one day a prince will come on his white horse then down on his knees, he will beg for our love. At his point, OK, I'm grown up enough to know that this won't happen exactly this way.. But at least can't he come in his white Mercedes and ask me out :)

Even Barbie had a Ken.. Come on.. How can they let us grow in these conditions and then expect us to realize that "soulmates are just to teach life, not to spend life"..

I still believe though.. (and I just broke up with my boyfriend with huge disappointments , but see, I still believe ?!?) Maybe I always wore pink sunglasses, which make me look the world with "such" optimism. But tell me, what's the point on struggling if one day a dream guy won't come?

I think the point is ; the ones who claim that soulmates doesn't exist, or doesn't outlast are the ones who couldn't yet found their soulmates. Maybe they thought they did, but obviously they didn't.

I'm ending this entry (at least for now :) ) with another quote:

A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we're pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person we're safe in our own paradise....When we're two balloons, and together our direction is up, chances are we've found the right person. Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life. "

Take care folks :)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder